Post 2 - The best concert I have had
I’m really bad at choosing things, like “the best thing”,
but I’m going to talk about an experience that I consider special in some way.
Los Prisioneros were my favorite band (maybe still are). When I was a child I
already knew and sang constantly their songs. I remember not going to their reunion
concert in Estadio Nacional (2001) because my parents thought that I was too
young to take me there with them and their friends. I was really sad, but I
understood the reasons that they gave to me.
Anyway, four years later, one day my dad told me that my grandma got a pair of
courtesy tickets to a show in Maipú and Los Prisioneros were going to be
playing there. I could barely believe it. I remember being in the school
waiting excited all the day the time to go home. I was ready to go like two
hours before the beginning of the show and Los Prisioneros weren’t even the
first band playing.
When they came out to the stage I was shocked. They started to play and I
forgot everything else, the chilly night, the waiting, the incredibly boring
band that played before them (I think it was Congreso, but not sure LOL).
I sang all their hits and was amazed by the discovery of songs that I didn’t
knew at the time. Fun fact: in that concert they played a cover of Whip it (Devo).
I have never heard that song in any other show or album from the band.
That was the only time that I got to seen Los Prisioneros playing. Later on I went to a lot of Jorge Gonzalez’s concerts and each time has his own story, but that first time, when I was still child, was really magical to me and I remember it like a really happy night.

Love Los prisioneros. I ENVY YOU
ResponderEliminar